To reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self employment and skilled wage employment opportunities, resulting in an appreciable improvement in their livelihoods on a sustainable basis, through building strong grassroots level institutions of the poor. The mission would aim at providing shelters equipped with essential services to the urban homeless in a phased manner. In addition, the mission would also address livelihood concerns of the urban street vendors by facilitating access to suitable spaces, institutional credit, social security and skills to the urban street vendors for accessing emerging market opportunities. The programme commences from the year 2016-17 in Baripada, Khordha, Puri Muncipalities, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation, Nayagarh NAC and Kashinagar NAC under Gajapati district of Odisha. Housing and Urban Development Department, Govt. of Odisha, supports this programme. Under the programme 2150 self-help groups are covered.
The programme aims to reduce poverty & vulnerability of urban poor households.
* Identification and assessment of existing SHGs,
* Interface with community and formation of new SHG and federations,
* Bank Linkages and Financial Literacy,
* Revolving Fund to SHGs,
* Capacity Building of SHGs,
* ALF Formation and registration ,
* IGP and Bank linkage,
* Coordination among Departments & facilities,
* Handholding Support.
* 1200 SHG members and leaders were trained on SM & ID concept,
* 1200 trained SHGs got eligibility to avail revolving fund,
* 53 ALF formed and registered,
* 225 SHG groups are provided revolving loan,
* 125 SHG groups started Income Generation Activities and availed bank linkage.
With the introduction of the NUHM, the health needs of the urban population are being systematically and nationally addressed for the first time. The Urban Primary Health Center, on the lines of a rural PHC is envisaged as the nodal point for delivery of health care services under the NUHM. While the basic concept remains the same, the services and services delivery mechanism of UPHCs is modified to address the unique health and livelihood challenges faced by the urban population. The urban areas today are increasingly becoming congested, especially slum and slum-like habitations, and with poor or no proper sanitation, water supply, garbage disposal mechanism, resurgence in urban infectious diseases. VJSS is implementing the programme from year 2016-17, at UPHC-Uttarmukhi in Berhampur with well equipped medical facilities. This programme is funded by National Urban Health Mission, Govt. of Odisha. The Organisation recruited One medical officer, Two staff nurses, One pharmacist, One Accountant and One support staff in UPHC Utarmukhi Behrampur.
The Objective of UPHC is to provide comprehensive primary health care, treatment, referral and different medical testing facilities to the urban population in general and specially to the urban poor and slum dwellers.
* To address the health needs of poor and Urban poor households,
* To provide quality health services to the poor through outreach programme,
* To provide specialist services at affordable cost,
* To provide referral service in case of complications,
* To sensitize the community to RCH issue and to empower it, so that it can initiate, manage and sustain at least some of the RH action at its own efforts.
* To provide both curative and preventive treatment for various aliments
* To, educate the people to live in good sanitary condition and to advise them to use safe drinking water and to keep environment clean.
* To provide transport service to emergency cases where a patient needs to be admitted immediately to a health institution.
The Survey programme commences for the year 2018-19 with the support from Department of Housing & Urban Development, Govt. of Odisha. The Operational area of the survey activities conducted in Khordha Municipality, Jatani Municipality, Banpur NAC of Khordha, Sonepur NAC, Binika NAC and Tarava NAC of Subarnapur district in Odisha. Survey conducted on Computer, Tablet, Map, Land record of slum & Vehicle. The Organization recruited Coordinator and Data Entry Operator.
* To provide land right to the slum dwellers those who have no land record of his own residence area,
* To organize Slum dwellers through SDA formation,
* To provide PAKKA House to all homeless family to slum dwellers,
* To ensure the participation of Slum Dwellers in their own development and sustainability,
* To ensure other infrastructure facilities like Tap water, Sanitation, Hygiene promotion, Drainage, road, Street light in the slums in ULB,